To rent premises, a lease agreement is signed between the lessor and the lessee. This contract includes:
- The term of the lease established by both parties: it usually lasts five years. It is renewable with an indexation beyond five years.
- The minimum cancellation period of six months for a quarterly lease term.
- The possibility of registering the lease in the Land Registry.
- The possible request of guarantee: a guarantee on the rent and possibly a personal guarantee of the project owner for the new companies of capital or which do not represent all the guarantees of confidence.
- The possibility, under certain requirements, of subletting or transferring the lease.
It is possible to obtain standard lease contracts from the Chambre Genevoise Immobilière or CGI :
- Address : Rue de la Rôtisserie 4
- P.O. Box: 3344 -1211 Geneva 3
- Telephone: 022 715 02 00
- Site Web : www.cgionline.ch